[cmNOG] Fwd: [kictanet] New ICANN and AFRINIC Initiative

sylvain aboka baya abscoco2001 at yahoo.fr
Ven 19 Oct 22:30:54 WAT 2012

 Hi, Tomslin, Hi All,
 This is an good opportunity to go ahead, with the objective of launch a better Internet in African space. All our countries must apply to this program, with well done projects. Thanks for sharing, Tomslin.
 With Best Regards,
--sb.

________________________________

OnSaturday, 20, Oct,  2012, at 20:40, Tomslin
Samme-Nlar wrote:

>        FYI
dear listers, pardon cross-posting!
>        Dear Listers,
>        The
African Network Information Centre (AFRINIC) and the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) on Thursday signed letters of agreement to
facilitate the deployment of anycast instances of L Root DNS server, operated
by ICANN, in the African region.  The cooperation includes AFRINIC helping
to identify hosts for the installations as well as providing financial and
technical support where needed, to the hosts.

>        Please
see attached the full statement issued by AFRINIC regarding the agreement.
>        Best,
>       Dr George Nyabuga

Tel:   +230 403 51 00
Head, Communications and PR, AFRINIC