[cmNOG] Root Domain Name Server (DNS) is operated by an University

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Dim 23 Avr 18:26:56 UTC 2017

On 22 April 2017 at 17:32, jean-francis AHANDA <jeanfrancis.ahanda at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Is there any Root Domain Name Server (DNS) is operated by an University in
> Africa ?

I doubt it.

> if not why ?

For a long time, reasons will be infrastructure? ... good multi-homed
Internet connectivity using public IPv4 and IPv6, great cooling etc. It's
just recently (last 3 - 5 years?) that universities in Africa are begining
to get gigabit sized Internet connections.

> Is this something we can and should push ?

maybe .... might be a good idea for a REN to host it for all the
universities on the REN. Why do you think it's important for a university
to host it?
--

Mukom Akong T.

LinkedIn:Mukom <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mukom>  |  twitter:
@perfexcellent

“When you work, you are the FLUTE through whose lungs the whispering of the
hours turns to MUSIC" - Kahlil Gibran