[cmNOG] Fwd: [AFRINIC-Announce] Workshop on Internet Measurements Initiatives in Africa

PATRICK KOUOBOU patrickouobou at gmail.com
Lun 22 Mai 08:45:57 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ashil Oogarah <ashil at afrinic.net>
Date: 2017-05-22 9:05 GMT+01:00
Subject: [AFRINIC-Announce] Workshop on Internet Measurements Initiatives
in Africa
To: announce at afrinic.net

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce our first workshop on "Internet Measurements
Initiatives in Africa" that will take place on 30 May 2017 during AIS'17 in
Nairobi, Kenya. The workshop attempts to enable discussions around the
African Internet challenges and to formulate strategic directions for
Internet measurements research in Africa as well as to understand the
breadth of Internet research in this area. We also aim to initiate and
accelerate collaboration among Internet researchers in Africa (and beyond).
The workshop will include panel discussions on Internet measurements tools
and techniques and well as on the intersection of Internet measurements and
Internet policy development and formulation.

The workshop is co-organised by Research ICT Africa.

The target audience for the workshop includes:

* Internet researchers
* Network operators
* Regulators
* IXPs
* NRENs
* Civil society
* Students

Workshop agenda : https://www.internetsummitafrica.org/
images/Workshop_Agenda_May_30th_2017.pdf

We look forward to welcoming you at this event.

AFRINIC Communication

--

*Patrick KOUOBOU*
*IT Manager *