[cmNOG] Invitation to participate in a Cybersecurity (Quality of Protection and Experience -QoPE) Study

Enock Mbewe enocksmbewe at gmail.com
Ven 10 Juil 10:40:15 UTC 2020

Dear beloved Team,

My name is Enock Samuel Mbewe. I am currently a Computer Science PhD
candidate at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. I am conducting an
exploratory study via a survey as part of my research project. This survey
aims to understand Internet users' knowledge and perception of Internet
security and its configuration frameworks. The output of this study will
act as an input in the design of a measurements-driven user-centred
Internet security decision model to allow users easily configure the
desired level of Internet protection, informed by performance costs of
security settings. Your views and experience are greatly valuable, and I am
grateful for your time and participation.

This survey is completely anonymous. Where feasible, explicit consent
requests for information disclosure is provided. The research has been
approved by the University of Cape Town's Faculty of Science Ethics
Committee with approval code: *FSREC 002-2020.* The survey takes 5 minutes
on average. If you are willing to participate, please follow the link below
to complete the survey.

https://survey.cs.uct.ac.za/limesurvey/index.php/162676?lang=en

If you have any concerns, questions or would like to know more about the
study please visit my webpage: https://people.cs.uct.ac.za/~embewe

Once again, thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Enock.