[cmNOG] ***UNCHECKED*** The Shadowserver Foundation - Request For VPS Hosting

Shadowserver contact at shadowserver.org
Mar 15 Mar 13:01:14 UTC 2022

Dear cmnog member,

The Shadowserver Foundation is currently working with the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office on a key project in the CEEC, Africa and the Indo-Pacific regions to :

*        contact countries and major ASN operators that don't subscribe to our free network reports, and sign them up

*        expand our state-of-the-art global honeypot sensor network

*        add new Web Application honeypot with CVE mapping and enhanced IoT attack detection capabilities

*        enhance anti ransomware, malware and botnet sinkholing, focusing on regional malware threats

*        improve free network owner, tools and guidance to consumers

*        improve the volume and types of daily network reports provided for free through our reports to all National CSIRTs and network owners globally.

For more detail please visit URL : https://www.shadowserver.org/news/continuing-our-africa-and-indo-pacific-regional-outreach/

The deadline for this project is March 31st 2022...meaning after this date project work will cease.

In order to meet our targets, this correspondence is a call to all of our ISP and Hosting Provider subscribers in the CEEC, Africa and the Indo-Pacific regions to support us in this project in the area of VPS hosting.

As a  datacenter operator / network provider or a provider of hosting services in these regions, are you able to host  Shadowserver sensors– either as a donation or a commercial purchase?

If so then please email us at contact at shadowserver.org

Sensor specification

The OS needs to be Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

At a minimum, a system needs to be a VM (under fully virtualized hypervizor, so KVM, Xen, VMWare etc but not OpenVZ or other light weight OS containers) with the following parameters:

    1 CPU core

    1 GB of RAM

    2 or more (preferably 4 total) IPv4 addresses total (no NAT, all IP addresses on 1 NIC, no network filtering)

    20 GB disk

    SSH remote access on the management IP address

    At least 1Mbit/s Internet bandwidth

    Traffic allowance: 1000 GB / 1TB per month transfer limit

    Root access

Physical machines such as dedicated servers instead of a VM are also very welcome.

I hope this mail finds you well and I look forward to hearing from you as soon as you are able to help before the end of March deadline!

Regards

Jon Flaherty
Shadowserver