[cmNOG] Call for Partners to Host AFRINIC Internet Capacity Building Events in 2023

AFRINIC Training training at afrinic.net
Thu Feb 23 09:27:18 UTC 2023

Greetings from AFRINIC!

It’s that time of the year again, and we’re seeking partners to join us
in raising our continent’s Internet development capability through
training and deployment support on IPv6 & RPKI.

Here’s what we accomplished in training in 2022

  * Trained 1900+ engineers
  *  From 130+ countries
  * Median NPS of 50.25
  * Certified 37 engineers

But we’ve been trying to get beyond just training and have been trying
to drive actual deployments using our Deployment Operationalisation (DO)
program.

Last year, we were able to help 55 organisations from 17 countries
kickstart their IPv6 deployments by achieving the following milestones:

  * Obtain a correct IPv6 prefix: 26 operators from 13 countries
  * Announce their IPv6 prefix: 5 operators from 4 countries
  * Valid route6 object: 11 operators from 9 countries
  * Correct RPKI ROA: 8 operators from 6 countries

We’re seeking partners to help us do more in 2023. If you’d like to
partner with us on this mission,

Click here for details on how to submit an expression of interest
<https://learn.afrinic.net/call-for-localhost>.

The deadline for proposal submission is 20 March 2023 at 23:59 GMT.

Join 40+ organisations that have partnered with us in this mission,
including

  * Teraco Data Environments (South Africa)
  * Agence Tunisienne d'Internet - ATI (Tunisia)
  * Workonline Communications (South Africa)
  * Nigeria Internet Registration Association (Nigeria)
  * Internet Exchange Point of Nigeria - IXPN (Nigeria)
  * L’Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie - AUF (Cameroon)
  * Telecommunication Service Providers Association of Kenya - TESPOK
    (Kenya)
  * Along with others

Warm Regards

The AFRINIC Team