[cmNOG] The Shadowserver Foundation - Free Network Security Reports

jono jono at shadowserver.org
Mar 15 Mar 13:49:18 UTC 2022

To: cmnog member,

From: The Shadowserver Foundation - a global not-for-profit
organisation. We are the largest supplier of free threat data to
National CSIRTs and Network owners globally. You may have noticed us
scanning your network every day (we scan all of IPv4/0 more than 70
times a day as part of our public benefit service).

We are currently reaching out to ASN operators across Africa and the
Indo Pacific regions as part of an initiative funded by the UK
Government's FCDO. Our reports are FREE and used by National CSIRTs
covering 173 countries globally. We are looking to extend the number of
ASN operators taking our data and wish to offer you our reporting also.

Please seek reassurance from your industry contacts in the CSIRT or NOG
community if you are in any doubt about the bona fides of this email.
You can read more about us at www.shadowserver.org
<http://www.shadowserver.org> or serious technology press online.

We would like to offer you daily reports on your ASN(s), highlighting
exposed and potentially misconfigured end points that could be at risk
from cyber crime exploitation. We also report out victim IP's from
sinkholed and provide Special Reports for threats such as Log4j,
Hafnium, Cyclops Blink, when we received such datasets from law
enforcement or other industry partners.

Our goal is a very simple one:- to raise the baseline of online
security. We do not believe that victims should have to pay to be
notified of that fact, and so do not charge for this service.

You can subscribe for your ASN here:
https://www.shadowserver.org/what-we-do/network-reporting/get-reports/